5 of the Top Most Frequently Asked Questions about Canvas Car Subscriptions
Take a second and think about all of the things you use on a daily basis. You jam to your favorite Spotify playlist during your morning commute, and you watch an episode (or five) of your favorite, binge-worthy Netflix show before ending the day. There are probably a lot of things you use all the time and technically subscribe to.
Though subscriptions are not a foreign concept by any means, many people are not familiar with big ticket item subscriptions - like vehicles. While we may have relied on our cars to get us from point A to point B, we don’t necessarily have to own them anymore. That’s why Canvas offers a subscription-based vehicle service that gives you the freedom of having your own car without the hassle of buying and owning one.
Though car subscriptions are new and exciting, they can definitely be a little puzzling. Before jumping on the bandwagon, you may have a few questions about car subscriptions and Canvas. How much does a Canvas car subscription cost? What’s included with my subscription?
We’ve compiled our top 5 most frequently asked questions:
1. What is Canvas?
Simply put, Canvas is a car subscription! Traditionally, there have been very few options for getting a car (outside of renting, leasing, or sharing). We decided to find a better way. Here at Canvas, we wanted to build something different and more convenient.
Curious how it works? All you have to do is select the car you want, the milage package you need, and the length of time you wish to subscribe. The entire ordering process only takes about 20 minutes, and you can have your car delivered straight to your front door.
2. How much does a Canvas car subscription cost?
The best way to understand your monthly cost is to explain your bill in 3 parts:
• Your car: All of our cars come standard with comprehensive insurance, maintenance, and warranty. They also start at $329 a month. You can check out our available vehicles here.
• Your subscription: Your subscription price is determined by the length of your term. The longer your subscription term, the cheaper the price. For example, if you subscribe for 12 months (or more), your subscription fee is only $50 a month. Once you’re subscribed, you can also swap cars if you like.
• Your mileage: Each car comes with 500 miles per month at no additional cost. If you need more, you can choose to upgrade your mileage package from 850 miles to unlimited. Select the mileage package that best suits you, and you can change it if you need to as you go.
If you’re still not sure, you can play around with our bill estimator and see what a monthly subscription could cost by visiting our pricing page.
3. What all is included?
Forget having to shop for insurance or a mechanic. You can kick back and relax, because when you subscribe and get a car from Canvas, you get all the essentials!
Here are our awesome benefits:
• Comprehensive insurance
• Maintenance & Warranty (which means no out-of-pocket expenses when parts need to be replaced to keep things running smoothly)
• Unlimited additional drivers can be added for free
• Customer service support 7 days a week
• Delivered straight to your door
• Roadside assistance
• 3-day Get-it-Right Guarantee
• Customized mileage packages with flexible upgrades, downgrades, and rollover miles
• Seamlessly switch between cars as you please
• Savings with longer subscription terms
• Our cars are thoroughly inspected, never more than 3 years old, and have high safety ratings.
4. Can I have a second driver?
Yes- you can add as many approved additional drivers as you want. Plus, it’s both easy and free.
From your customer dashboard, go to the Car page. From there, select “Add a Driver” to begin the process of adding drivers to your policy. For another driver to qualify, they must be at least 21 years old. They must also have a valid license and a photo ID that isn’t expired. Another cool feature we offer is the ability to add secondary drivers with international licenses at no additional cost.
5. I am out of the delivery zone. Is it possible to still get a Canvas car?
Even if you are not in our delivery zones, you can still get a Canvas car. We can find an address that works and meet you inside the delivery zone. If you need help getting that squared away, you can always email us at email@example.com.